Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 78 - Baby Afghan for NIN

"Newborns in Need" is a charity that takes care of sick and needy babies. Volunteers use their talents to sew, knit, and crochet items for premature and full-term babies. Chapters throughout the United States collect formula, diapers, hygiene items, blankets, and clothes to distribute to local agencies and hospitals that serve premature, ill, and impoverished newborns. NIN also offers support to grieving families by providing bereavement and keepsake items to honor the precious lives lost due to miscarriage, SIDS, and other tragedies or complications. 



I have a special place in my heart for these newborns and I donate my talents to this charity when I can. Several months ago I crocheted this baby afghan to donate. It was my desire to have several items to send all at once but I have not had the opportunity to sew or crochet anything else. Since it has been sitting and waiting, I have decided I will donate it now so it may be used by a needy little life.


God bless the little babies.


For anyone interested, here is a link to their website for more information.
http://www.newbornsinneed.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment