Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 219 - Sentimental Fabric/Project

Why do I consider this fabric sentimental? My Nanna gave it to me to make her a robe, but she passed away before I could make it. That was in 2002 and I kept it all these years. I just couldn't bring myself to discard it like it was nothing. Recently I had a great idea. Since the fabric is quite soft, I decided to make baby blankets for the organization "Newborns in Need" and donate them in honor of my grandmother.


Nanna's fabric - 5 yards
I only used about two of the five yards that I had, so I will still need to do something else with the rest, but at least I am making a good dent in it and it's for a good cause. I made three blankets, and backed them with some baby flannel that I had.


Baby flannel - 1 yard each
I'm glad I had the baby flannel on hand. The prints went very nicely with the pink fleece.


Finishing off the edge of one of the blankets

I am happy with the outcome and am ready to donate these to "Newborns in Need". :)
http://www.newbornsinneed.org
Three baby blankets done and ready to go!


Quote for today: “Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” - Saint Francis of Assisi

1 comment: